Thursday, December 10, 2009

Stenciled Christmas Cards

I've been busy finishing my Christmas cards.

I found this "JOY" stencil in my craft stash a few weeks ago and decided to design my card using it. I haven't stenciled anything in several years so I thought I would revive the craft this year. I forgot how much I like to stencil.

I put on Christmas music, hubby built a fire in the fireplace, and I stenciled at the dining table where I had plenty of room to spread out. As you can see, I stenciled silver paint on a piece of dark blue art paper (bought at Michael's for @ $2.00).





After stenciling 2 whole sheets, I cut around the stenciled design to fit on the front of my card stock. I also cut down 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of card stock in half to make my card base.

I buy my card stock in reams to cut down on the cost. One ream lasts me several years. In addition, I cut down a roll of bulletin board paper (from the teacher store) to fit just inside the front of my cards (5 x 3 1/2 inches).

I also used glue sticks, dark blue ink pad, and two rubber stamps.


First, I glued the silver bulletin board paper to the front of the folded card stock.


Then, I topped it with my stenciled "JOY".


Inside the card, I stamped a Bible verse and a graphic.




Then, I flipped the card over and stamped my "Handmade by" stamp and signed my name. Sometimes I add the date too. (ignore the aged hand in the picture!)



Well, that's how I make my simple Christmas cards. I usually make @70 cards every year. I like making something handmade for the people I love.



2 comments:

  1. And I think I'm doing a great job just to get mine ordered by the beginning of December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are gorgeous!! What a beautiful design. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you're thinking. Please feel free to leave ideas and comments.