To celebrate January as "Get Organized" month, I'm writing about 10 things that you can get rid of right now to make your life a little bit less hectic. It's really simple.
1. Plastic bags from the grocery store (take them to be recycled)
2. Plastic containers/lids with no matching container/lid. (throw away-they are useless)
3. Chipped or stained coffee cups(throw away)
4. The extra twist ties that come with trash can liners.(throw away)
5. Extra newspapers and magazines (recycle them)
6. Socks with missing partners (after 1 month of doing laundry, toss them)
7. Pens that don't write and pencils to short to sharpen (throw away)
8. Books, videos, and CDs you aren't interested in any more (donate to charity)
9. Clothes you don't wear any more (donate to charity)
10. Gift bags, tissue paper, and wrapping paper that is too wrinkled or dated to use (throw away)
Just think of the clean space you will have after purging your home of these items. I don't know why we tend to accumulate these things, but no one is immune. Take about 10 minutes each day this week and tackle a few of the items on this list. You'll be happy you did.