Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Pantry Chalkboard

You all have seen my pantry before. My pantry is the life-line in my home because my kitchen is cramped, old, and a little too rustic. (Plus, I have WAY too many sets of dishes and gadgets) But, because I can't leave well enough alone, I decided to add a chalkboard to the inside of both doors.
It was really pretty easy and didn't take much time at all. I didn't even tape off the area because the door already had grooves surrounding the area I wanted to paint.


I used the Krylon brand of chalkboard paint and just followed the directions on the back of the can. I have a ton of paint left in the small can I bought so if any of you live near me and want to paint something, just come by and borrow the can!! Krylon also makes a chalkboard spray paint and I may use that for my next project.
In addition, to my friends who think my pantry is a little too neat to be real, I promise that I didn't "stage" the pantry before I took these shots. It's my little piece of perfect neatness and I enjoy keeping it that way. Now, the utility room is a different story!!!

I'm joining up with Kimba at A Soft Place To Land and also with the Before and After party at Thrifty Decor Chick to share DIY projects. Please check out their sites!

2 comments:

  1. That will come in handy!

    Don't you just love that stuff!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It is a simple change, but I think it adds so much character, and definately in a good way! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you're thinking. Please feel free to leave ideas and comments.