Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wrensday: Found treasures



On one of our "snow days" I was happily crafting myself into a tizzy. I pulled out an old box of Great Nana's lace and trims. Some of the trims are from the 50's and 60's but some are from 20's and 30's. I love to look at all of the variety.



I thought this zipper was a lot of fun.


Notice that it says, "This style not practical for corsetry". It's copyrighted 1936.


I love this wooden spool with lace wrapped around it.



I'll post the project that started this tizzy tomorrow.



2 comments:

  1. Nice to know others get in a 'tizzy' as my husband calls my sewing planning sessions. I loved the "made in America by American Workman". Don't see made in Amercian much any more.

    Have a wonderful day!
    Blessings,
    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vintage ribbon - what a fun box to go through! Love the ribbon on the spool in the last picture - it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you're thinking. Please feel free to leave ideas and comments.