Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wrensday: Gardenia heaven


As if the flowers weren't enough, God gives us a heavenly aroma to enjoy.


I bought 2 gardenia bushes at Home Depot 2 years ago and planted them in our butterfly garden courtyard.  They are called a daisy gardenia.  The flowers are very simple but the aroma. . . ahhh. . . the aroma is divine.  It makes you stop in your tracks.


As the flower fades the color turns from white to a beautiful antique ivory.  The best part about these babies?  They will rebloom (just not as profusely) off and on throughout the Summer.  Sigh. . . .

4 comments:

  1. They rebloom? How awesome! I need to get me some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could grow those in Colorado. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a daisy gardenia! They are just beautiful! I'll have to look for some to plant, as I just have the old fashioned kind. The aroma is just wonderful! Have a good week!
    Lottie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love gardenias! We have several smaller bushes and one giant bush that usually has hundreds of blooms each year.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you're thinking. Please feel free to leave ideas and comments.