Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wrensday: Unexpected Pop Of Color

I tend to choose neutral colors when I decorate.  I love colors, but prefer to live with a calmer backdrop. 

Case in point: my kitchen island and stool with only a red dish towel and bowl to add color.


Imagine my surprise when I found a bright green stool at a consignment shop and fell in love with it.

I left the store without it but couldn't stop thinking about how cheerful it was and what a great shape it had.

The next week, I had to go back and see if it was still there.  I had decided that if it was, it would be mine. 

It was and it is. 


I am loving the pop of color in my kitchen.  I don't have anything else in my home that matches it but it doesn't matter.  Every time I walk into the kitchen, it makes me smile.


Have you ever bought something unexpected for your home because you fell in love with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you're thinking. Please feel free to leave ideas and comments.