Thursday, December 15, 2011

Peeking Through The Window

The other night, as I was walking across the back deck, I glanced into the back of the house and thought "how cozy".



I simplified the Christmas decor this year, so I was a little worried that I wasn't "Christmasy" enough. 



Instead of using a lot of little items, I simply used larger decorations and fewer of them.




I think lights make the biggest impact.  They contrast with the darkness of the winter evening.




The front of the house got a photo at night, too. 




The Christmas tree on the front porch is covered with rustic ornaments that will hold up well outside.

Thanks for peeking through the window with me.  


3 comments:

  1. "How cozy" is right! I love peeking through your windows into the warmth of your home. Happy Advent season to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately warm and cozy! Hope you and your family have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and that your New Year is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you're thinking. Please feel free to leave ideas and comments.