Now that Christmas is over and the decorations are put away (right?),you're left with the paperwork that came with your Christmas gifts. You know, warranties, directions, receipts, user manuals, etc.. They are probably piled on your desk or kitchen counter. An easy way to deal with them is to make a warranty binder. Just a few items and in less than an hour, you'll have it all organized.
1. Purchase a binder from the store and some clear page protectors or pocket dividers. An easy way to determine how large your binder should be is to pile all of your papers into a stack, measure the stack, and that should give you an idea of how large a binder you should get. My personal binder is a 3" size.
2. Divide all of your papers into catagories. Examples can be: electronics, appliances, toys, office equipment, etc.. There is no right or wrong way to catagorize. It is totally up to you.
3. Label the different page protectors or pocket dividers with your catagories.
4. Staple all receipts to the appropriate paper or booklet. If you have to return an item, or it is under warranty, you'll need that receipt.
5. Place the papers into the appropriate spaces and you're done. Enjoy an organized notebook.