Last week we looked at cleaning your jewelry. This week we will look at organizing your earrings. You can purchase special earring storage boxes, but I have found a less expensive option. I purchased a storage container for storing scrapbook charms. I got mine at Jo-Anne Fabrics on sale for $1.00.
I am able to store quite a few sets of earrings in this box. I first had to go through the messy pile of earrings I had accumulated. Here's what I did:
1. Sort earrings to find matching pairs.
2. Gather like kinds of earring sets together (gold together, silver together, black together, etc.)
3. Decide which earrings you can get rid of. Remember, the more earrings you have, the harder it is to keep track of them. I have a separate box for earrings I no longer wear. Occasionally, I go through them and find a pair that I'm in love with again.
4. Sort earrings into individual spots in the container. If you have more earrings than you have space, you can double up similar types.
5. Originally I put small pieces of felt into the bottom of the container to keep the earrings from getting scratched. The truth is, the earrings would get caught on the felt and my earrings are all pretty inexpensive so I scrapped the felt idea