Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wrensday: Baby Shoe Ornaments

These are some of the most sentimental ornaments on our Christmas tree. I had saved my children's baby shoes for many years. As my children got older I realized that the shoes would never be worn again-too many new, cuter shoes for the grandchildren to wear. What's a mom to do? Hang them on the Christmas tree!


I love the scuff marks on the toes.




I labeled the bottom of the shoes for each child. With a Sharpie marker, I wrote their name on one shoe and their date of birth on the other. I simply tied the shoelaces together to hang them up.



Every year, when I hang them on the tree, I'm reminded of the little, fat feet that use to fill them.


4 comments:

  1. What a sweet idea. My friend's mom saved the mobile that had hung above his crib and made the little animals into ornaments--thought this was a cute idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this idea! I'm going to dig my daughter's baby shoes out tonight and hang them on our tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!!! I am about to cry! Now I will have to go and find my kids booties and do the same thing!! Love the mobile idea too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you're thinking. Please feel free to leave ideas and comments.