Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wrensday: Blackberry Bliss



My hands are happily stained purple.  I've been picking blackberries.  Blackberries to freeze and enjoy during the long, cold winter.


We've had the blackberries covered with bird netting for over a month now. 


This was our first harvest of the season and I was able to freeze 7 cups of berries.

*note to self:  Do not wear shorts with back pocket buttons while picking blackberries that are covered with netting.  That is unless you want to be stuck in the netting like Peter Rabbit.


I'm linking up to:
 

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm... those look so good! They'll taste great this winter - over ice cream ~ Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blackberries look so good--thank you for posting! My raspberries are starting, but blackberries are not ripe yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE blackberries! How many plants do you have to harvest 7 cups?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your blackberries look so BIG and beautiful! Can't wait till you post recipes using those blackberries! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS! And, rut-row! I'm laughing at the vision of you with your hiney stuck to the blackberry netting, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo-hoo- I just picked the first marionberries for us, too, though it was just enough for me to eat. :-)
    Thanks for linking to the TGP.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you're thinking. Please feel free to leave ideas and comments.