This is my 300th blog post. And I just got my 80th follower this morning!
To thank you for sticking with me for the past year, I'm having a give-away of my Baby Button Nests.
I've envisioned these in my mind for a few months and finally got around to making a collection of six to give away to one of my lucky followers.
They're made with brown hemp twine, vintage buttons, and a wooden clothespin. The buttons are from my hub's grandmother's button box. She passed away a few years ago at age 100! She would be happy to know that her buttons are still being used and admired.
The Baby Button Nests have many uses.
Christmas tree ornaments. . .
Book marks. . .
Package toppers. . .
Napkin ring holders, potted plant ornaments, curtain tie-back ornament. . .
Ok. Here are the rules:
1. 1 entry if you are a follower and you leave a comment and tell me you already follow.
2. 1 entry if you become a new follower and leave me a comment and tell me you're new (I'll want to welcome you!)
3. 1 entry if you like my facebook page (let me know if you do)
4. 2 entries if you blog about my give-away on your blog and link back to this page. (be sure to let me know in the comments or just email me)
5. The contest starts on Sept. 1, 2010 at 12:15 PM and will end on Sept. 7th, 2010 at 12:15 PM
6. The value of the prize is $12.00 (value of getting the first ever Baby Button Nests made by the Tidy Brown Wren - priceless) hee-hee
7. I will draw the winner the old fashioned way - from an antique dough bowl (I don't wear hats)
8. The winner will have 72 hours to contact me with their mailing address. If they don't/won't/can/t then I'll draw another name.
I'll be making more Baby Button Nests to put in my Etsy shop. I've also just completed some beautiful pillows and another upcycled apron in a new style. Lots of fun stuff to keep me busy crafting and out of trouble.