What are the three words guaranteed to humiliate men everywhere?
'Hold my purse.'
My purse is a mess. I really feel out of control when my purse is disorganized.
This really isn't my purse. My purse isn't this bad but it's bad enough to cause me stressed out.
If your purse is stressing you out, here are the steps to clean it up.
1. Take everything out of your purse. Check all pockets and zippered areas.
2. Have a trash can nearby.
3. Sort items by type (receipts together, makeup in a pile, scraps of paper with info scribbled on them collected, pens/pencils together etc.)
4. Go through your wallet and other accessories and clean them out using step 3. Make a copy of your credit cards and keep it in a file in case your purse is lost or stolen.
5. Turn the purse upside down and shake all residue out. Wipe out the inside of the purse with a damp cloth and allow to dry.
6. Now is a great time to change out your purse for a new one. I just got a bright green bag for a new autumn look.
7. Organize your wallet, removing any outdated cards or information. How old are the pictures of your children?
8. Start replacing items into the purse, placing often used items in easily accessible locations.
9. Rethink what you carry around in your purse. Do you really need 5 writing utensils? How often do you use hand lotion? Remember that every item you carry around needs to be worth the extra weight it creates in your purse.
10. Use card holders, zippered pouches, and planners to organize your items. It's easier to find items when they are "containerized". I keep my store punch cards and discount cards in a photo holder. I also use a small zippered pouch to hold make up, glasses cleaning cloth, hand cream, and tape measure. I could keep these in the zippered portion of my purse, but a separate pouch makes changing purses so much faster.
11. Copy all of the info from the scraps of paper into your planner. Throw the scraps away.
This whole job should only take 15 minutes of your time (not including shopping for a new purse!). Be sure to share how you organize your purse. If you dare, share the strangest thing you found in your purse.
I was excited to find my latest slipcovers featured on Pink and Polkadot!