*(deviled egg and spinach salad with homemade croutons)
Several weeks ago I told you some of the things I'm doing to be a healthier eater. Well, I've continued to improve my diet and I want to share more changes I've made to help me on this journey.
1. I've replaced precut and trimmed chicken parts with whole chickens, organically raised. I usually roast two chickens at a time and that gives us chicken for several meals.
2. I've discovered grass fed, organic bacon that is not processed with chemicals. You won't believe what "real" bacon tastes like.
3. After struggling with changing my recipes from white flour to whole wheat flour, I've discovered that whole wheat pastry flour works much better.
4. I'm learning to make pie crusts, gravy, biscuits, mayo, and pasta from scratch instead of buying foods ready made.
5. I've stopped taking regular vitamins because I realized they contained a lot of chemicals. I'm looking for a more natural product. My doctor is aware of my changes and my blood work shows no adverse results of not taking the vitamins. I'm eating so much better and I feel like I'm actually getting my vitamins from my food instead of from a pill.
*Stay tuned: I'll be posting this recipe next week.