Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Spicy Appetizer Recipe

This weekend we went to a friend's annual "Fall Fire Bowl".  We had a great time eating chili and cornbread and sitting next to their fire pit.  The weather was perfect and we all had a great time.  Each of us brought an appetizer or dessert.

 I came up with a last minute salsa/olive/spicy/beany type of concoction that my Hubs rated "Yum -Good" and that I had to hide from my son lest he eat all of it. .  Sometimes these experiments work out and sometimes they don't. This one worked out so I'm glad I remembered to write down the ingredients as I created it.





Here's the recipe:
1 can  black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup mild salsa
1 chili pepper, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 green onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped olives
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. mesquite seasoning
2 Tbl. lime juice

Mix together in a medium sized bowl and let sit for several hours before serving.  Serve with pita chips.

Now, for the dilemma!  What should I call this concoction?  Any ideas?  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you're thinking. Please feel free to leave ideas and comments.