I've been a bit restless, knowing that many changes will be taking place in 2011 for me and my family. We are preparing for my upcoming kidney transplant, changes in employment, and reduced income. Of course, I have so many things to be thankful for. I'm surrounded by a large group of loving people - my family, my friends, and my church. People around the world are praying for me. I am blessed.
I have seen how God is at work in my life and I know He is preparing to do more. Way more. I guess that's why I'm feeling restless. I want to get the party started!
I've been using a notebook to jot ideas down in. I call it "My Brain Dump". If I don't write things down as they come to me, I either forget about them or they rattle around in my brain and make noise while I'm trying to sleep. Do any of you have that same problem?
So, today I thought I'd share some of my ideas with you. Some things I'd like to change. Some things I'd like to do. Some things I'd like to learn.
Here's my list:
1. Monday Motivation: I'm going to post Monday Motivation in a more organized fashion. Basically we'll be going through each room of our home (one a month) to organize and clean. I'll be doing it with you so we can all keep each other accountable.
February - Kitchen
March - Bathrooms
April - Bedrooms
May - Closets
June - Kid's rooms
July - Family Room/Living Room
August - Paper Work
September - Car
October - Garage
November - Laundry Room
December - Dining Room
2. Since money is going to be tighter than ever, I'll be posting weekly about saving money.
3. I'm considering starting an additional blog that will be more of a spiritual nature. This blog is primarily about homemaking and organizing. I feel a little bit restrained by that so I think I'll enjoy a new blog. I'll let you know when that happens.
4. I've neglected my little Etsy shop lately. I've got tons of projects in the works but nothing finished, photographed, and listed.
5. I'm working on some workshops to share with church groups. I've got one lined up for the end of January and am hoping for more opportunities. As I teach the workshops, I'll post the material on my blog so you can learn too. It will also be a resource for those who attended the workshop.
6. I'm continuing to focus of eating whole, organic, and local foods. I'll be sharing what I'm learning about this healthy way of eating. I truly believe that the reason I'm functioning so well with minimal kidney function is because my diet is "clean".
7. I've got some home projects that I'd like to get done this year. With money being tight, I'll have to get extra creative and resourceful but that's what makes it exciting. I'll be finishing up my craft room and hopefully redoing the upstairs bathroom. I'd like to finish the kitchen island and our guest room. We'll see what happens.
8. I really want to learn to be a better photographer. Well. . . I can't really call myself a photographer. Right now I'm just a "picture taker" - but I'm determined to learn. Jo-Lynne at Musings of a Housewife wrote an excellent post this week with some photography tips.
So, that's what's going on with Tidy Brown Wren. Drop me a line to let me know what you think. Are you ready to party with me?