Whenever I polish my floors, I always rearrange furniture and accessories.
One of the areas that needed a bit of tweaking was this corner.
I moved the wall unit over to the right and the corner was looking a little bit "off".
The artwork seemed too high, off center, and too small.
I snooped around my accessory closet and found this old framed art made by Hub's grandmother. It's dated 1977.
I didn't want to remove the artwork from the frame so I just layered the small art piece over the larger artwork to beef it up. Then I hung it a little lower and and centered it.
To hang it, I hammered a small nail through the burlap and into the wooden backing of the larger artwork. Then I hung the smaller artwork on the nail. I can easily separate the two pieces and use them separately whenever I want to.
For those of you who are very observant - yes, I simplified the accessories on the book shelves too, but that's for another post.