Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Function Trumps Form In The Pantry

When does aesthetics give up it's rights and give in to practicality? 

That is a question I have had to mull over in my little brain lately.

You see, I just couldn't leave my canning jars be canning jars.  I had to "cutify" my home canned relish, salsa, and tomatoes by adding tags and burlap toppers. 

It was fun while it lasted, but something had to go.  I had neglected to remember that burlap sheds.  Badly.

After several weeks of opening my pantry to find burlap dust on the shelves, I knew it was time to take action. 

I removed the burlap covers and left the hairbands and labels attached. 

Function over form.  I knew better - I really did - I just wanted to try something different.

The new hair bands and labels by themselves are working great.  Now my shelves are clean and tidy again. 

All better, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you're thinking. Please feel free to leave ideas and comments.